As ordered by the Cedartown City Commission and the Cedartown Police Department, the following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic on Tuesday night, June 30th for the 15th Annual Cedartown 5K Road Race for Wheelchair Athletes.
5:45 – 8:15 PM
- Peek Forest Park (No automobile access to the Park from College Street, Jule Peek Road, or Thornton Avenue.)
- College Street between Girard Avenue and Jule Peek Road.
- Intersections of Martha Lane and College St. & Columbia and College St.
6:15 – 8:15 PM (5K Road Races begin at 7:00 P.M. sharp)
- College Street from Jule Peek Road to College Circle.
- College Circle from College Street to John Hand Road.
- John Hand Road from College Circle (west) to John Phillips Road (east)
(Due to the closing of John Hand Road, access to John Hand Road from homes on Lakeview Drive, Woodlawn Drive, and Fair Oaks Road will not be possible.)
- Lakeview Drive from John Hand Road to Main Street.
- All of John Phillips Road.
- All of Lakeside Drive [College Street to John Phillips Road.]
- All of Ellen Hand Circle and Wiley Drive.
- All of George West Road.
- Marshall Street from George West Road to Lakeside Drive.
- Martha Lane.
Cars wishing to travel East or West between Cave Spring Road & Main Street near the race course should use Girard Avenue or Cherokee Road.
We apologize for any inconvenience that these street closings may cause. If you have an emergency and must leave the race course area during these hours, please contact 911 and they will provide a Police Officer to escort you outside the race course closings. We hope you’ll join us on Tuesday night, June 30th as spectators throughout the race course.
Thank You for your help in this matter,
City of Cedartown City Commission,
Cedartown City Police Department,
City of Cedartown Parks and Cemeteries Department, and the
Cedartown5K Road Race and Training Camp Coordinating Committee