Wheelchair race begins today; roads close at 6:15
The kids race is set to get underway by 6:30 tonight with the actual wheelchair races beginning just after 7:00.
The first round of roads will be closed starting at 6:15 tonight, however expect delays to begin on College Street just after 5:00.
Here is the list from the Cedartown Police Department:
6:15 – 8:15 PM
- Peek Forest Park (No automobile access to the Park from College Street, Jule Peek Road, or Thornton Avenue.)
- College Street between Girard Avenue and Jule Peek Road.
- Intersections of Martha Lane and College St. & Columbia and College St.
6:45 – 8:15 PM (5K Road Races begin at 7:00 P.M. sharp)
- College Street from Girard Avenue to College Circle.
- College Circle from College Street to John Hand Road.
- John Hand Road from College Circle (west) to John Phillips Road (east)
(Due to the closing of John Hand Road, access to John Hand Road from homes on Lakeview Drive, Woodlawn Drive, and Fair Oaks Road will not be possible.)
- Lakeview Drive from John Hand Road to John Phillips Road.
- John Phillips Road from John Hand Road to Main Street.
- All of Lakeside Drive from John Phillips Road to College Street.
- Ellen Hand Circle and Wiley Drive.
- All of George West Road.
- Marshall Street from George West Road to Lakeside Drive.
- Martha Lane.
Cars wishing to travel East or West between Cave Spring Road & Main Street near the race course should use Girard Avenue or Cherokee Road.
We apologize for any inconvenience that these street closings may cause. If you have an emergency and must leave the race course area during these hours, please contact 911 and they will provide a Police Officer to escort you outside the race course closings. We hope you’ll join us on Tuesday night, July 1st as spectators throughout the race course.