- First Baptist Church (Cedartown) – The offices will be closed today.Also, all Wednesday night activities have been canceled due to inclement weather. Stay safe & stay warm!
- Cedartown First United Methodist Church – Due to inclement weather, the church office is closed and all activities for tonight have been canceled. Stay safe & warm!
- Second Baptist Church – Second Baptist Cedartown services are cancelled for 1/17/18
- Victory Baptist Church – Due to road conditions, there will be no services at Victory tonight
- New Hope Fellowship Church – Due to icy road conditions, all Wednesday evening services are canceled for January 17.
- Worldview Baptist Church has cancelled tonight’s service and activities due to the weather conditions today. Stay safe and warm!
- Collard Valley Baptist Church – This evening’s services have been cancelled! Please stay in and stay warm.
- Kresge United Methodist Church – Kresge Kids at Kresge UMC has also been cancelled for tonight due to the weather.
- Faith Baptist Church – all evening activities canceled
- Doyle Road Baptist Church – evening services canceled
- Cedartown Church of Christ – evening church canceled
- Cedartown Church of God – There will be NO service tonight due to the severe cold weather, stay in, stay warm. ~ Pastor Moates
- First Baptist Church (Rockmart) – Due to the inclement weather and extremely hazardous road conditions….all services and activities for tonight have been cancelled. Stay safe and warm and we will see you on Sunday.
- Polk School District – closed for students; students will have a distance learning day. Teachers report at 10:00 am if weather permits.
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College – All campuses of Georgia Northwestern Technical College will be closed on Wednesday, January 17. All classes and activities are canceled for the day.
- Rome City Schools – Due to anticipated icy road conditions and the forecast of temperatures remaining below freezing for an extended period of time, Rome City Schools will be closed on Wednesday, January 17, 2018. Parents, please encourage students to complete the assigned work they received today. As always, the safety of our students, staff, and faculty is a top priority.
- Floyd County Schools – Due to anticipated icy road conditions and the forecast of frigid temperatures remaining below freezing for an extended period of time, #FloydCoSchools will be closed on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation with the early dismissal today! In preparation for the possibility that we would not be having school tomorrow, students should have been sent home with assignments to complete in order to maintain our instructional focus. Parents, please encourage students to complete any assigned work they received today. As always, the safety and security of our students, faculty, and staff is a top priority. Stay warm!
- Darlington School – Due to anticipated icy road conditions and below-freezing temperatures throughout the day, Darlington School will be closed tomorrow, Wednesday, Jan. 17. As always, student safety and wellness is our primary concern. We encourage everyone to be careful if traveling and get plenty of rest. It will be a Day 1 in our rotating schedule when we return to school.
- Saint Mary’s Catholic School – closed
- Unity Christian School – closed
- Cherokee Co. Ala. Schools – closed
- Haralson County Schools – With expected icy roads and temperatures and wind chill near zero on Wednesday morning, all Haralson County Schools and offices will be closed on 1/17/18. This includes all extracurricular activities.
- Paulding County School District – Due to the inclement weather forecast, all Paulding County Schools will be closed on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 for both students and all staff. All after-school and extracurricular activities are canceled for Wednesday evening.
- City of Cedartown – Due to icy road conditions, City Hall will not open today. As a reminder, if you need to pay your water bill, you can do so online at www.cedartowngeorgia.gov. Please stay off the roads; our police department and public works department have reported dangerous travel conditions.
- Polk County Health Department – For the safety of our employees and clients, the Georgia Department of Public Health Northwest Health District office in Rome and all ten of our county health departments (Bartow, Catoosa, Chattooga, Dade, Floyd, Gordon, Haralson, Paulding, Polk, and Walker) will be closed tomorrow, Jan., 17, due to inclement weather.
- Cedartown Public Library – Due to the threat of icy roads, the Cedartown Library will delay opening on January 17, 2018 until 10 AM. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
- Polk County Tax Commissioners Office – Due to unsafe road conditions Polk County Tax Commissioners office will delay opening until 12 pm if conditions improve. If the office is going to delay further, updates will be posted here. Be safe!
- Polk County Government Offices – closed