Polk County Home Burns
Polk County Fire crews responded to a house fire early Sunday morning. The call was dispatched just after 5:00am Sunday morning. The house on Cook Road in the Potash Road area of Polk County was reported to have fire in the attic of the home. Upon arrival of fire crews heavy smoke and flames were seen coming from the roof of the home. According to the homeowners the fire started in the kitchen area of the home, possibly in the exhaust fan located above the stove. The homeowner awoke and went into the kitchen where she saw heavy smoke around the stove and when she pulled the stove away from the wall, flames were visible. The homeowners were able to make it out of the house and no injuries were reported in the fire.